Hot off the heels of a big scoop, Micah discusses his story about Apple's plan to kill Spotify and other streaming music competitors. Plus, Micah's first thoughts about his new Apple Watch, our impressions of Avengers: Age Of Ultron, and Eric's obsession with Bigfoot in the Aftershow.
Of course we're talking about the Apple Watch again! Eric gives his impressions after wearing his Apple Watch for 5 days, while Micah wonders if his will ever arrive and if he'll ever wear it. After that we discuss Twitter's unfortunate Q1 earnings and discuss what the company could do to get back on track.
- Apple reports record Q2 results / MacRumors
- Mechanical watchmaker on the Apple Watch / The Verge
- Twitter reports weak Q2 earnings / Bloomberg
- How three Canadian companies are helping shape Apple Watch's future / MobileSyrup
Eric and Micah blast through some pop culture talk - Ant-Man, Daredevil, and Veep - before jumping into the big topic: the Apple Watch. Our thoughts on the Apple Watch reviews, hands-on impressions, try-on experiences, and what we ordered. Plus, will Micah buy the new MacBook?
- Ant-Man trailer / YouTube
- Daredevil / Netflix
- Neil Cybart is off his rocker? / @neilcybart
- 12-inch Retina MacBook review / The Verge
- iOS 8.4 beta released with redesigned Music app / 9to5Mac
- John Gruber's Apple Watch review / Daring Fireball
- Joanna Stern's Apple Watch review / WSJD
- Nilay Patel's Apple Watch review / The Verge
- Eric tried on the Apple Watch / Instagram
- Taking 5: Notifications / Nerdology
When an episode of The Segue starts with a discussion about 4K (or the reported lack thereof on the forthcoming Apple TV) you know it's gonna be a good show. We make our final Apple Watch preorder preparations, lament the Amazon Dash button, and Micah hits us with some work about Tidal.
(Note: we recorded Monday, April 6th before the Apple Watch reviews. Tune in for our thoughts next week!)
Eric and Micah discuss rumours of a new Apple TV box, Facebook Messenger as a platform, Facebook invading the media industry, VIP cinemas, and Fantastical 2 for Mac.
- The Blacklist / IMDb
- How To Get Away With Murder / IMDb
- Here comes the long awaited new Apple TV / BuzzFeed
- Facebook turns Messenger into a platform / TechCrunch
- YouTube responds to reporter with a GIF / Business Insider
- Fantastical 2 / Flexibits
- Fantastical 2 for Mac review / MacStories
- Apple building R&D centre in Yokohama / 9to5Mac
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Oreos / @dcseifert